понедельник, 17 декабря 2007 г.

Permin Museum Vierlande Sampler 1826


I was fascinated old samplers. They have an extraordinary remarkable charm by their structure, density and colour spectrum.
This beautiful design is produced by Permin of Copenhagen.
Vierlande is the name of an area near Hamburg, since 1868 part of Hamburg - represent in the broad spectrum of the various samplers a peculiarity. Originally they were stitched almost exclusively with black silk on unbleached linen. Their heyday was between 1770 and 1870.

I choose for this sampler 36ct Edinburgh Antique White linen from Zweigart. Linen was colored by black tea for creation of vintage style. I changed colour from chart by 3371 and 902 DMC floss. This colour more approach to resulting tone of canvas.
I made small alterations in the chart and personified sampler by initialism abbreviations.

First motifs

Week progress

Three week progress

Current state
Happy stitching!

2 комментария:

  1. Hi - Your sampler is coming along beautifully. Can you tell me how you dyed the linen?

    ОтветитьУдалить
  2. Hello Elena :) I was googling for something and came across your blog. You are so talented, I am much impressed. Congratulations and best wishes :) Pelin Tezer

    ОтветитьУдалить

Спасибо, что оставили комментарий, это очень ценно для меня!